Designer. Entrepreneur. Icon.
Maria Canale has created many of the world’s most enduring jewelry designs. For 25 years, brands from Tiffany to Mikimoto to Harry Winston have relied on her to design for the way we live today. The best-kept secret in jewelry, she is now ready to shine under her own name.
Maria’s career began early with an after-school goldsmith apprenticeship when she was only 13. It’s not surprising she later pursued a degree in metalsmithing. After her first design class at FIT, she stayed up all night sketching, as she had discovered her true passion. It wasn’t long until she was the most in-demand independent jewelry designer in New York, working with some of the biggest names in the global fine jewelry scene.
Although she has won all the top international jewelry design awards, she’s most proud when she sees a woman enjoying the feeling of wearing her jewelry. Throughout her career, she’s worn her own designs everywhere she goes, from business meetings in Manhattan to sailing with her children, making sure that everything she creates is comfortable enough to wear every day and feels as good as it looks.
Maria Canale has been honored with more than 30 international jewelry awards including the prestigious biennial Diamonds International Award.
- Diamonds International Award
- Platinum International Award
- American Gem Trade Association Spectrum Awards (10)
- Diamonds Today Awards (2)
- Argyle International Colored Diamond Award
- Diamond Right Hand Ring Award
- Women’s Jewelry Association Jewelry Designer of the Year
- Manufacturing Jewelers and Suppliers of America Designer of the Year
- Tanzanite Jewelry Design Award